Relevant Work History
University of Utah, School of Medicine Deans OfficeSr. Web Software Developer / Systems Administrator Aug 2012 - Currently Employed
- Programming: Maintaining and Improving Departmental Web Programs
- Programming: Iliad rewrite from textbook and extracted data(Disease Differential Diagnosis and Next Best Information Calculator)
- Programming / Server Administration: Reverse engineering database backups to extract needed information.
- Programming / Server Administration: UCR SFTP server w/ web front-end.
- Server Administration: Virtualization and Migration of all School of Medicine Deans Office servers to U of U off-campus data center.
- Server Administration: Assessing firewall requirements for services and requesting firewall changes
- Server Administration: Implementing a VDI solution (VMWare Horizon) and infrastructure to provide secure environments for access to departmental tools and resources.
- Server Administration: General Server Maintenance.
Canyons School DistrictMicrosoft Systems Engineer Jan 2011 - Aug 2012
- Server Administration
- Active Directory User and Group Policy Administration
- Backup Administration - Symantec NetBackup Using Tape and Near-Line Disk storage.
- Microsoft Exchange Administration
- Compter Deployment and Management Engineering - Altiris, MS WAIK
- Creating Scripts to Help with various aspects of User, Data and Computer Management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Canyons School DistrictTechnical Support Specialist Jul 2009 - Jan 2011
- Interfacing with schools on behalf of the school district Information Technology department
- Initial Computer Setup
- Software Installation
- Application Support
- Computer Repair
- User creation in Active Directory for students and staff
- Network Troubleshooting
- Data Recovery
Brigham Young University, Prof. WatabeResearch Assistant (Programmer) Sep 2008 - Jun 2009
- Correct and update course websites.
- Develop Language Learning Tools (Using Flex Action Script)
Brigham Young University, Math DepartmentStudent Computer Support Representative \ System Programmer Apr 2007 - Jun 2009
- System Programming
- Mac Server Administration
- End-User PC and Mac software support and installation
- Hardware support
- Lab Administration
- Assist full-time CSR with Technology Projects
Brigham Young University, College of Fine Arts and CommunicationsStudent Computer Support Representative Jul 2006 - Apr 2007
- Help other faculty with concerns and problems in regards to computers, internet, email, software installation, etc.
- Help the full-time CSR with any larger projects, like setting up new computers in any of the 6 computer labs in the College of Fine Arts and Communication.
Equinox IT ServicesComputer Consultant Dec 2005 - Jul 2006
- Consult with clients on the best way to achive their technology goals in respect to what's best for their needs.
- Preform preventative maintenance to ensure maximum productivity.
- Repair and update machines as needed.
Brigham Young University, Asian and Near Easter Languages DepartmentWeb Master Nov 2004 - Dec 2005
- Update the Department Website to meet the University standards.
- Maintain the content of the site and keep it updated.
Brigham Young University, Prof. WatabeWeb Developer Oct 2004 - Dec 2005
- Create flash animations of the correct stoke order of the Japanese Kanji characters.
- Give ideas to my supervisor on optimizing code.